Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup technique that has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. The technique involves the use of a small handheld tool to deposit pigment into the skin to create the appearance of fuller eyebrows. While microblading has many advantages, it also comes with several drawbacks that one should consider before undergoing the procedure. In this blog post , we will discuss the disadvantages of PMU microblading:
- Pain and discomfort: PMU microblading involves breaking the skin's surface using a sharp blade, which can be quite painful, especially for people with a low pain threshold. While numbing cream can be used to alleviate the discomfort, it doesn't eliminate the pain entirely, and the feeling can still be uncomfortable for some.
- Allergic reactions: Microblading pigments contain various chemicals, and some people may be allergic to these substances, causing an adverse skin reaction. Such reactions can range from mild irritation to severe inflammation, leading to scarring, infection, and other serious skin conditions.
- Infection: Since microblading involves breaking the skin's surface, there is always a risk of infection. If proper hygiene protocols are not followed, the bacteria can easily penetrate the skin, causing an infection. Infections can be relatively mild, leading to minor redness and swelling, but they can also be severe and potentially life-threatening.
- Limited longevity: The results of microblading are not permanent, and they tend to fade over time. The pigments used in the procedure can last up to three years, after which they start to fade, requiring a touch-up. Some people may need more than one touch-up session, which can be costly and time-consuming.
- Unpredictable results: Microblading is a technique that requires precision and expertise. However, even the most skilled professionals can make mistakes, leading to crooked or irregularly shaped eyebrows. Some people may develop uneven pigmentation, making the eyebrows appear patchy, which can be unattractive and require additional sessions to fix.
In conclusion, while PMU microblading does offer a quick and effective solution for thinning eyebrows, it's important to weigh the advantages and disadvantages before undergoing the procedure. While the disadvantages mentioned above may not affect everyone, they should be considered before deciding to go ahead with the treatment. It's essential to research professionals and to book a consultation before embarking on the procedure to get a clear idea of what to expect and ensure that