About Our Fundamental Training
The course is comprised of a minimum of 100 hours of instruction and practice including hands on practice modules and live models. Although it is not required, you are strongly urged to come to our clinic to observe procedures as often as possible-this is available to you for up to one year after training, however phone and email support is ongoing.
Manual, textbooks, and in class practice materials are provided to you. We do offer a beginner kit including machine, power supply, needles and pigments at an additional cost (see below)
For more information about the SPCP visit www.SPCP.org
The course takes place in NYC. You are required to obtain a NYC tattoo license (either 2 year, or 7 day temporary) prior to beginning a fundamentals course. For more info go to http://www.NYC.gov
- Introduction to Permanent Cosmetics
- Disinfection / Sterilization
- Clients/Medical Contraindications
- Basic Color Theory / Understanding Skin Tones/Pigment Selection
- Skin anatomy
- Machines and Manual Tattooing
- Understanding Needles
- Office set-up
- Client Documentation/Photos/Intake Forms
- Corrective Techniques
- Live models/Observed Practice
- (For Fundamentals 1 full day each: eyeliner, lips, brows-2 procedures each)
- (For Brows Only 1 full day each : powder, hairstroke/combo, microblading-2 procedures each)
- Insurance/Handling Disgruntled Customers
- Industry Ethics and Standards
- Business set-up/Social Media/Marketing
Fundamental Training: At least 100 hours including hands on modules, live model training and home study and practice modules. This course adheres to the SPCP fundamental requirements.
Please be aware some of the modules are completed online.
A fundamentals course is required for advanced technique classes including microblading.
You will receive:
- Training Manual
- Client Forms
- Completion Certificate
- All necessary tools and materials for class
- Ongoing support
- Class Options : All fundamentals courses include in class sessions, home practice sessions and online modules. All modules must be completed with proficiency to receive a certificate of completion.
Small Group Class
- 1-2 Instructors
- 6-10 Students Max
- Set class days
- Cost $3,995.00
- 1-on-1 Class
- 1-2 Instructors
- 1 Student
- Flexible class days
- Cost $6,995.00
*Please be aware that the cost includes all materials required for class but does not include student kits.
- Add a starter kit
- Machine (Xion-S)
- Power supply (Critical Atom)
- Pigment Set (varies based on course) (Permablend)
- Practice Pads
- Measuring tools
- Needles (Tatsoul Envy Cartridges)
Initial course modules are completed online, therefore you can start at any time!
We offer live classroom modules monthly, regardless of enrollment, so you can go at your own pace.